Friday, January 29, 2010

Answered Prayer: Reaching Out

I went at my mom's house this morning. We were supposed to check this place out to see if we can do my Baby Anaiah's dedication and my Ate Sakura's birthday party there. While trying to finish dressing up, my mom told me that she talked with Tita Anrym, my dad's other partner, and asked her if I would be offended, since they would be considered hand-me-downs, if she would send me baby clothes of my half sister's daughter who is turning four this year. My mom told me that she told Tita Anrym that, on the contrary, I would actually be delighted.

I'm sharing this with you because I feel so blessed that after all these years, I am able to reach out to my "other family" in the States. My sisters and I, together with my half siblings in the US, are God's blessings to our parents. We are rewards from the Lord, as I believe it. Whatever happened in the past, we cannot do anything about. What matters is what we plan to do with what we have in our hands at present. We are a big family. But we all love one another regardless of our unusual set up. I thank and praise God that after all my prayers, this prayer of being able to reach out to my family in the US is finally granted. I know that this is the start of a better relationship for us all. God is a God who fixes relationships. God is a God of love. And regardless of the decisions our father made, I always remember that God IS my father, my real father.
And this is why I don't and I shouldn't feel different or abandoned or pitiful. Because God the Father looks after me and stays with me wherever I go. And despite what other people think of my family's atypical set up, it is only His opinion that really matters to me.

"With God, all things are possible."
-Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment