Monday, February 22, 2010

A Parent's Love to His Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1iVcueFIUo

"Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord." - Psalm 125:7

Being blessed with a child is the greatest thing I can ever think of. Having a tiny baby in my arms, cuddling and comforting my little one until she falls asleep, these are some of the great joys a parent can feel. The feel of my baby's grip, her little hand holding my fingers, her smile as her eyes focuses on mine, I know that even though she could not understand the words I say, she feels the love that I have for her. My children are my treasure. They are my rewards from my Lord, my God, and my Father.

But how to raise my children the right way?

I go back to my guidebook, the Bible. I have yet a lot to teach my children about life, about love, but most of all about my Father in Heaven. It would be really nice if we, my family, my children, my partner and I, would still be together in our glorified bodies. How painful it would be to see any loved one, either a family or a friend, in the burning sulfur of hell. Now that I have the time, I will share the good news that we CAN BE together in eternity, with our Creator, our Father. I would tell them the Father's ultimate sacrifice which is the giving of His only Son, so that we could be with our Father in Heaven through Christ Jesus. Even though I am unworthy, even though I am a sinner, even though I feel unimportant, I know that I AM IMPORTANT to my Father. And that's all I need to know.

Repent. Believe. Accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment